Client’s pain points/problems/challenges
- Display campaigns had bottlenecked growth – unable to drive incremental leads.
- Varying performance across display campaigns – some were driving constant # of leads, some have low volume of leads.
- Client wanted to maintain existing spend levels.
What we have done?
A/B testing was introduced for Display campaigns to reduce the risk of losing the existing conversion levels. Campaigns with low volumes of leads were prioritized over those that were driving constant # of leads.
New targeting personas were created with audience segments from Google Analytics to target for each Display campaign, and the hypothesis was that the new personas will outperform the original ones.
Each campaign had a 50% split in the spend budget to test out the variant v.s. original versions. Campaigns on A/B testing were ran for at least 1 month period to conclude significant results statistically.
- Not all the Display campaigns targeting the new personas drove incremental growths in leads.
- Those campaigns that showed significant improvements in lower CPC, CPA, and incremental leads for the variant version, were updated with the new audience persona targeting.