The client was running various campaign types: SEM, shopping, display campaigns on Google Ads, and getting a Return On Advertising Spend (ROAS) of less than 3x. This means that the campaigns were driving revenue of $300 for every $100 spent.
We discovered that most of the media spend led to under-performing ROAS, was due to:
- Ad copies were not optimized to target the audiences
- Branded & non-branded keywords were overlapped in multiple campaigns
- Campaigns were targeting multiple yet different objectives at the same time, resulting in low ROAS efficiency for the bid strategies
What we have done?
- Focus bidding strategies to drive maximum revenue and highest ROAS
- Enhance data integrity for shopping ad product feeds in Google Merchant Center
- Introduce new ad types & ad copies for existing & new campaigns
- Improve on demographics targeting, and cleaned up keyword targeting match types
- Drove higher revenue with improved media spend efficiency, where ROAS from 2.77x to 6.84x since takeover from Jun 2020 onwards.
- Improved ROAS from 5.1x to 8.37x MoM, Jul 2020 v.s. Jun 2020, while media spend for both months remains the same.